This page describes major terms within Tower Defence games. This is not a glossary for specific game terms - please look at a game's glossary instead to look at its own terms.
- Attacker: A classic element of TD games; they try to either reach the end or destroy the base, or otherwise cause the defender to lose.
- Ability: An activated ability which can help players.
- Base: A building that must be protected by defences. Its destruction usually results in a game over.
- Creep: An Attacker.
- Death: Game over.
- Defences: Towers that are built by either the player or a computer to protect an objective.
- End: An objective which attackers try to get to - reaching the end costs the defender a life.
- Lives: A measurement which determines how many more Attackers can make it to the end before the player loses.
- Rush: A large group of attackers sent against the defender to make them lose a large number of lives.
- Spawn: The spawn location of Attackers.
- Wave: A single group of Attackers sent at once.